Wine vs. VMWare (Was: Wine: MS Money 2004 + IE6)

Joel Bryan Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 13:09:52 UTC 2006

The problem with VMWare is it consumes alot of read cycles because it
emulates the entire PC hardware.
But you can also drag-n-drop within the host and the guest. The good side
with it is it's easy to install and impliment.

QEMU seems a bit faster than VMware, a bad side of it is it's hard to
configure, but once it's installed, it's fast and responsive.

Bosch is the worst performer, it's not as responsive as the two, but a good
side of it is on the low-level software development side. And with great
potential to be used as a embedded software tool.

On 6/12/06, Dick Davies <rasputnik at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/06/06, Thiers Botelho <thiersb at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > When you speak of dnd you mean Dungeons & Dragons, right ? I don't
> > think it'd be Department of National Defense  . . .     ;)
>
> I think he means 'drag n drop'  :)
>

> --
> Rasputin :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns
> http://number9.hellooperator.net/

gawk; grep; unzip; touch; strip; init, uncompress, gasp; finger; find,
route, whereis, which, mount; fsck; nice, more; yes; gasp; warnquota,
umount; head, halt, renice, restore, touch, whereis, which, route, mount,
more, yes, gasp, umount, expand, ping, bashbug, dump, make clean; sleep