Firefox 1.504...

Darryl Clarke smartssa at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 11:08:54 UTC 2006

On 6/9/06, Steve Kratz <stevek at cipafilter.com> wrote:

> That update's a pleasure to see come down!  When did the Ubuntu team decide
> to go with the "real" release versions of Firefox, as opposed to the way
> they did the
> keep-the-same-version-but-include-security-fixes in
> Breezy/Warty/Hoary?

I believe they decided to do it sometime shortly after breezy was
released.  There was a whole bunch of 'chaos' with the 1.0.x security
updates with users asking questions and extentions being broken on
certain updates.

I'm glad they did it because it's definitely easier to explain to
people that "It's 1.5.0.4!" instead of saying "well, the security
fixes from 1.0.7 are included in this 1.0.4"...

Of course, the update management with 1.5 is much better too, so I'm
sure that helped.

~ Darryl  ~ smartssa at gmail.com
~ http://darrylclarke.com