Help: configure networking

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Sun Jun 11 14:16:06 UTC 2006

Hello Morgan,

Thanks for the help. Comments below.

Morgan Greywolf wrote:
> Daniel Carrera wrote:
>> Because this is an LTSP server, it will have a DHCP server in it. How
>> do you configure that? Could that be the problem? This is the setup I
>> want:
>
> Could be.  You need to make sure to make sure that DHCP server doesn't
> touch eth0.

Ok. I looked at /etc/default/dhcp3-server like you said and it looks
like it is correctly setup. The only line that is not a comment is:

INTERFACES="eth1"

Does this mean that the DHCP server is probably not the reason why I
can't get online through eth0? If so, then I really don't know what it
is. I know it's not hardware because I can get online with a LiveCD. And
I'm confident that it's not /etc/network/interfaces, that file has this:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

If I run "ifup eth0" it says "eth0 is already configured".

> unning one on eth0 could be a problem for the 192.168.0.0/24 network.

Could you remind me what the /24 means in 192.168.0.0/24?

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
"It's like a rainbow. Without an observer at a 23 degree angle to
the light reflected a cloud of spherical droplets, there is no