breezy - dapper upgrade broke wireless

Young H. Etheridge yhe at yhetheridge.org
Sat Jun 10 21:34:24 UTC 2006

I have an Averatec 3250 working: X would hang at seemingly random
moments and getting the RA2500 wireless configuration working took a bit
of effort.  But, it works.  I can publish my RA2500 (RA0) config in
/etc/network/interfaces if that would help.  The major change was that
of adding "acpi=ht" to the kernel line in the boot sequence.  I haven't
added it permanently to my grub config until I am certain that I have no
other choice.  I turn the eth0 network interface off/on manually since I
don't really need it.

I am a SuSE convert to Ubuntu.  I am not pleased with what is happening
to the SuSE product since Novell got into the act.