XGL + Opengl + Multimedia possible ?

Henk Postma henkpm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 19:28:22 UTC 2006

On 6/8/06, emisca <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:

> > I thought that Xgl and Aiglx were planned to eventually converge to a
> > single project?
>
> Yes, look at Xorg 7.1 it includes some features from Xgl and from
> AIGLX... it's already released, but we must wait a while because they
> had to change the video driver model. We must wait for new drivers to
> come....
> Perhaps, i wish that it will be done before the next ubuntu release..

That's interesting, I did not know that. I was digging through the
packages list for edgy
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/edgy/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz
and it lists x11-common (which replaces xorg-common) as
x11-common_7.0.0-0ubuntu45_i386.deb

So for the moment it seems edgy is at 7.0, which does not mean 7.1 is
not being planned on, of course, but I couldn't find a list of version
numbers for edgy. It's perhaps a little to early for that, what with
dapper released a week ago. Let's give the devs some vacation :)

-- Henk

--
http://www.its.caltech.edu/~postma/