XGL + Opengl + Multimedia possible ?

Henk Postma henkpm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 19:13:33 UTC 2006

Hi Vincent,

On 6/8/06, Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:

> The only hope I can see is this "OpenGraphics" project, but by the looks
> of it, it won't be ready before a year, two years being probably a more
> realistic figure. So that gives the community a reasonable amount of
> time to figure out/settle on the best way to implement this 3D desktop
> stuff, and debug it.

> Vince, full of hopes, just not in the short term...

I second that sentiment.

Besides, the first opengraphics project seems to be a pci graphics
card, so we can forget about laptop graphics for the time being. With
respect to graphics cards it is a good strategy to buy a little bit
older hardware. It's cheaper, and support will be much better.

-- Henk

--
http://www.its.caltech.edu