i give up...

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Fri Jun 9 09:50:49 UTC 2006

On Friday 09 June 2006 01:51, Lorin Pino wrote:
> So, then the reason that Suse provides broken multi-media programs,
> and a warning that they cannot legally provide working ones, is
> just because they are unwilling to jump through whatever hoops are
> need to get the licensing?

Two responses:

1. They are perhaps unwilling to pay the fees needed to get the
licensing
2. They are perhaps unwilling to sign the required NDA to get the
source code. It's not like ati drivers where ati provides a binary -
SuSE would have to compile something

--
If only me, you and dead people understand hex,
how many people understand hex?

Alan McKinnon
alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za