Mozilla 1.7.13

Rich Renomeron renomero at qis.net
Fri Jun 9 03:34:27 UTC 2006

Clint Tinsley wrote:
> I can access my MSN account in "webmail" mode via just about any web browser but that does not pull the messages or contact information down off MSN's webmail access via HotMail for storage and use on the computer.
Yes, but the Webmail extension <http://webmail.mozdev.org> and similar
things like MrPostman <http://mrpostman.sourceforge.net> will do exactly
that for you.  It essentially screen-scrapes and parses the webmail
page, and produces a nice, RFC822-compliant email that your normal email
program can download and store just as if it was talking to a POP
server.  It will also let you send a mail by doing the reverse: parsing
what your mailer puts in the SMTP conversation and pasting the relevant
stuff into the web form.  The one limitation is that you'll probably be
limited to plain text composition.

>   The issue is using POP3/SMTP natively to pull and send email to the MSN POP3/SMTP servers (non-Hotmail mode) which requires that the email client properly support Microsoft Secure Authentication protocol.
You could also poke around in the forums on mozillazine.org for help on
this issue, and search bugzilla.mozilla.org and see if the Mozilla
people are aware of it.

Good luck,
Rich

--
 From the Notebook of Rich Renomeron
 You said what? Windows ME? Windows *ME*? No, Windows *YOU*, pal!