root has less menus

Daniel Goldsmith daniel.goldsmith at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 15:42:57 UTC 2006

On 6/8/06, Kent Borg <kentborg at borg.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 10:30:34AM +0100, Daniel Goldsmith wrote:
> > Step 1)  $ sudo apt-get install gentoo
> >
> > Step 2)  $ sudo gentoo
>
> I didn't know if that was a joke or serious...but Synaptic says there
> is a package called Gentoo that is a file manager, so I guess it is
> serious.

Well, it *is* linux, so the command is case sensitive :)

Gentoo is the Linux distro for... well, lets leave the flame fest for
edgy development.

gentoo, on the other hand, is a file manager somewhat reminiscent of
DirOpus on the Amiga, which I find handy for just these types of
situations.

screenie at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Gentoo-filemanager.png

> -kb, the Kent who thought Gentoo was a Linux distribution.

Gentoo is also a penguin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Pygoscelis_papua.jpg

Regards,

Daniel