root has less menus

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jun 8 15:50:33 UTC 2006

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 10:09:18 -0400
Kent Borg <kentborg at borg.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 10:30:34AM +0100, Daniel Goldsmith wrote:
> > Step 1)  $ sudo apt-get install gentoo
> >
> > Step 2)  $ sudo gentoo
>
> I didn't know if that was a joke or serious...but Synaptic says there
> is a package called Gentoo that is a file manager, so I guess it is
> serious.
>
> Interesting.
>

> Thanks,
>
> -kb, the Kent who thought Gentoo was a Linux distribution.

A gentoo is actually a particularly fast penguin :) See wikipedia...

<quote> Gentoo also refers to:

     * the Gentoo Penguin, the fastest underwater swimming species of bird
     * the Gentoo Linux distribution, named after the Gentoo penguin
     * the gentoo file manager.
</quote>

No doubt the gentoo penguin took a long time to compile... ;P

Peter