update manager not working after upgrade

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Thu Jun 8 13:41:56 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 17:47 +0700, Chanchao wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 10:30 +0200, Luca Ceccarelli wrote:
>
> > If I manually open update manager from the menu, I can see the
> > updates.
> >
> > How can I get it working again automatically?
>
> System -> Administration -> Software Properties -> Internet Updates Tab
> then check the box for Check for updates automatically and select fro
> example 'daily'.
>
> > I upgraded from Breezy to Dapper on my PPC Mac Mini. Now update manager
> > is not showing up at all. If I open Synaptic I can see plenty of
> > available updates, but they never show in update manager.
>
> That's really weird because I don't see *ANY* updates either in Synaptic
> or with update-manager ever since Dapper was officially released.  Are
> there any yet?
>
> Cheers,
> Chanchao

=== Ubuntu 6.06 LTS Updates ===

Since the release of Ubuntu 6.06 there have been the following
updates. These updates fix bugs and translations.

 * deskbar-applet 2.14.2-0ubuntu1
 * evince 0.5.2-0ubuntu3
 * fast-user-switch-applet 2.14.2-0ubuntu1
 * file-roller 2.14.3-0ubuntu1
 * gnome-backgrounds 2.14.2.1-0ubuntu1
 * gedit 2.14.3-0ubuntu1
 * zenity 2.14.2-0ubuntu1
 * glib2.0 2.10.3-0ubuntu1
 * pessulus 0.9.2-0ubuntu1
 * epiphany-browser 2.14.2.1-0ubuntu1

Always remember to install your updates! :)

--
        Charlie
        Don't let anyone steal your dream!