update manager not working after upgrade

Matthew Kuiken matt.kuiken at verizon.net
Fri Jun 9 05:07:08 UTC 2006

Luca Ceccarelli wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I upgraded from Breezy to Dapper on my PPC Mac Mini. Now update
> manager is not showing up at all. If I open Synaptic I can see plenty
> of available updates, but they never show in update manager.
>
> If I manually open update manager from the menu, I can see the updates.
>
> How can I get it working again automatically?
>
> Thanks a lot
> Luca.
> Chiacchiera con i tuoi amici in tempo reale!
> http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/*http://it.messenger.yahoo.com

Check that the update-notifier and notification-daemon are running:

$ ps ax | grep not
 5094 ?        Ss     0:01 update-notifier
 5611 ?        S      0:03 /usr/lib/notification-daemon/notification-daemon
26535 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep not

If they are not, you won't get any notifications.  Unfortunately, I do
not know the way to re-enable them if they are not running.

-Matt