Mozilla 1.7.13

Stereotypical Rage ubuntu.stereo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 13:24:30 UTC 2006

This is really not a separate email system. What the Webmail does is
basically use your PC as a SMTP/POP server. How to set it all up is all
on the website. It's quite easy.

There are 3 ways which the Hotmail sub-extension works.

 From the website:
"The Hotmail extension has three methods of communication with
Microsoft's servers (ScreenScraper, WebDav, and Beta). The screen
scraper method parses the web page for the necessary information. Weddav
is the same method Outlook and Outlook Express use to communication with
Microsoft's. Beta is used to communicate with the Beta Hotmail site.

The Webdav method is faster and more reliable than the screen scraper
methods but is restricted to old free accounts or paid accounts."

I don't have MSN to test it, but it works very well for Hotmail
(samething, different stink). While it may be a little slow(I use screen
scrapper) WebDAV claims to be faster.  Just try it before you see if
it's not for you. I really like it as I can access my hotmail accounts
in Thunderbird with ease. I hate going to the clunky MSN Hotmail site. I
use Thunderbird for everything and this is a really convenient extension
for me. What do you have to lose in trying it?

--"You miss 100% of the shots you never take." -- Wayne Gretzky

Clint Tinsley wrote