Single authentication with Windows (LDAP?)

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Wed Jun 7 10:02:22 UTC 2006

Hello,

There is a school wants to try Linux. I will setup something like a
Cyber Cafe with about 30 computers as a trial. It would be highly
desirable if the students could save their work to their current
accounts on the Windows network and I was hoping someone would have a
suggestion.

The Linux boxes will be thin clients booting from an Edubuntu server. I
can do pretty much anything on the Linux side, but they are not ready to
change anything major on the Windows side.

It'd be nice if the students could login to Linux using their existing
Windows accounts, but that's by no means required. At worst I can just
set up an account per PC (e.g. username "pc1" password "pc1") and tell
the students bring a floppy disk and use sneaker-net. Any improvement on
sneaker-net would be welcome.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
"It's like a rainbow. Without an observer at a 23 degree angle to
the light reflected a cloud of spherical droplets, there is no