Mozilla 1.7.13

Clint Tinsley clintin at linuxmail.org
Sat Jun 10 00:50:35 UTC 2006

Thanks for all this great information.  I would use the new versions of Thunderbird and SeaMonkey but the issue remains that they don't work with MSN's implementation of Secure Authentication where the 1.0.x version of Thunderbird did as does Mozilla 1.7.13 using the standard installer script (linux download from the main page).  I have installed/used Mozilla 1.7.13 (standard installer script) on both SuSE 10.1 and Fedora Core 5, where it has installed and worked flawlessly.  I installed 1.7.12-ubuntu from the ubuntu universe repo and it installed okay but it reports that MSN does not support secure authentication, which not only doe it support but requires.  I did visit the mozilla forum, searched around quite a bit, and left a posting there but so far no answers have been forthcoming.

Clint