Ubuntu Desktop Starter Guide

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Tue Jun 6 21:11:19 UTC 2006

On 06/06/06 14:26 (GMT-0400) Loïc Martin apparently typed:

> Felix Miata a écrit :

>> On 06/06/06 10:31 (GMT-0400) Matthew East apparently typed:

>>> These guides are available in HTML and PDF form from the documentation
>>> website at http://help.ubuntu.com

>>> The PDFs on that website work fine in evince and any other pdf reader.

>> There is no such thing as a PDF that works fine. They are a scourge on
>> internet users: http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20030714.html

> The page you links to seems quite biased.

It's about accessibility and useability. It matches my experience very
well. I've yet to find an easy to use PDF viewer or PDF file. They're
all dismal compared to a decent web browser.

In any event, PDF files are for printing, not online information access.
No one should need to print a PDF in order to be able to read the
content of an online resource, but that's the way it always (doesn't)
work for me. With a web browser and HTML or plain text, I can usually
make the content big enough to read without making the content so wide I
have to scroll to read each line.
--
"All have sinned & fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409