Best mobile phone for Linux?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Jun 6 12:56:52 UTC 2006

Juergen Starek wrote:

> Neil McLeod schrieb:
>
>> I'm buying a new cell phone [...]
>>
>> -Easy calendar synchronization (I use KOrganizer)
>> -Easy PIM synchronization with Bluetooth

Now, I've heard there is no such thing as _easy_ when it comes to Linux and
Bluetooth, but I have seen specifics of how to make a Motorola v551 work
with BT.

>> (The below are not Linux specific, but thought I'd include them anyway:)
>> -Long battery life
>> -Audible/repeating alarms (I'm absent-minded and need good reminders)
>
> Look at Handspring's Treo series (IIRC, the company has been bought by
> Palm source meanwhile).

Unless I've missed some recent versions, they're not really phones.  They're
Palms with a phone feature.  I too want a nice phone-sized phone, that can
be synced to my calendar.  I don't need, or want, to use it for taking
notes, playing games, email, etc, etc, etc.  I use a Palm now, but I don't
use any of the features that I couldn't get on a phone.
--
derek