unable to enable repositories in Dapper

Brian Walker bfwalker at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 04:18:31 UTC 2006

Greetings all,

searching for opera on my newly installed dapper system, and I cannot find
opera. Searching for repositories, I see that although my
/etc/apt/spources.lst is uncommented for all repositories, in synaptic this
is not marked as such, and I cannot add the multiverse and universe
repositories. I could not find a mention of this on the forum ...  When I
try to add the repositories in synaptic, the downloads are performed, but
nothing is added. Returning to the repository (add) screen, and lo! The
boxes I checked are unchecked again.

Huh? Any ideas?

Brian