ANNOUNCING : Ebuntu , Enlightenment 0.17 + Ubuntu

John Vivirito gnomefreak at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 00:52:58 UTC 2006

> Carroll Grigsby Wrote:

>> > Edubuntu *is* dapper 6.06, but has some extra packages in it (and it
>> > also has
>
>> > some packages removed from the standard dapper release, there being
>> > only so
>
>> > much space on a single CD), I downloaded it last week and gave it a
>> > try. It
>
>> > has some nice stuff on it, but much of it is targetted at older kids
>> > than the
>
>> > two grandchildren who come here every day (6 and 3 years old).
>

>> > -- cmg
>

>> > --

> You are mistaken.  Carroll is talking about E17+Ubuntu, which has not
> really surfaced for updates in a couple months.  I'm not sure what
> happened to that project.
>

> -- ShanghaiTeej

if i remember correctly E17+ubuntu desktop project was not retained by
ubuntu as one of thiers it has always been a 3rd source project. i
thought i heard ubuntu picking it up but that would be 4th or 5th
person. EDubuntu is an educational desktop that uses gnome
- --
GnomeFreak

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Johnvivirito
https://launchpad.net/people/gnomefreak