Wireless LED doesn't work (by default) in "Dapper" on HP NC6000 using ipw2200 driver

Christopher Meyer kungfoosion at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 21:21:43 UTC 2006

On 6/5/06, Matt Patterson <matt at v8zman.com> wrote:

> I fiddled with this a few weeks ago. I have seen several people post about
> this problem. I think it is primarily that the led feature is not really
> functional. It has nothing to do with anything but whether or not you have
> turned on the led. If you turn off the card, the light stays on, etc. I
> wrote a very ghetto script that actually read the state from the card and
> attempted to set the led state by either removing the module (only way to
> turn off led) or setting the led. The script works, but is real ghetto and
> has a lot of missing cases because its all shell scripting (which I suck
> at). If you like I will send it your way. I don't have it at my current
> computer, so drop me an email (direct) if you want it.
>
> Matt

Hey Matt,

Thanks for your reply. I fiddled a bit with this myself and noticed what
you'd mentioned.
I shut down the interface via `ifconfig eth1 down' and lost connectivity to
my WLAN yet the LED was still lit.
Even deactivating the interface via "System -> Network" doesn't do anything
to the state of the LED.
Seems this isn't very functional, allthough it doesn't bother me too much.
Thanks for the tips.

Chris