Wireless LED doesn't work (by default) in "Dapper" on HP NC6000 using ipw2200 driver

Matt Patterson matt at v8zman.com
Mon Jun 5 13:25:16 UTC 2006

I fiddled with this a few weeks ago. I have seen several people post about
this problem. I think it is primarily that the led feature is not really
functional. It has nothing to do with anything but whether or not you have
turned on the led. If you turn off the card, the light stays on, etc. I
wrote a very ghetto script that actually read the state from the card and
attempted to set the led state by either removing the module (only way to
turn off led) or setting the led. The script works, but is real ghetto and
has a lot of missing cases because its all shell scripting (which I suck
at). If you like I will send it your way. I don't have it at my current
computer, so drop me an email (direct) if you want it.

Matt