How to avoid password prompt on resume from sleep?

Jan Moren jan.moren at lucs.lu.se
Mon Jun 5 12:49:28 UTC 2006

sön 2006-06-04 klockan 18:33 -0300 skrev Derek Broughton:
> Jan Moren wrote:
>
> > lör 2006-06-03 klockan 13:00 -0300 skrev Derek Broughton:

> >> "log in"?  Username AND password?  ...
> >
> > Sorry - unclear. I meant the password prompt that xscreensaver pops up.
>
> That's a function of the screensaver - I can't help you there, except to say
> that there's a darn good reason for it.  I probably enter my password 20
> times a day when the screensaver gets invoked.  In KDE it's just set in the
> general screensaver settings.  I can't imagine why it's still invoked when
> you have removed the screensaver from the sleep settings, though.

I found it just a few hours ago, actually (thanks to the IRC channel).
There are settings for this in the power setting app (though not exposed
in the UI). I disabled password prompting using gconf-editor and now it
works fine.

Notably is that one option there is to simply follow whatever policy is
set in the screensaver settings - but that option is disabled by
default. Perhaps it shouldn't?

--
Dr. Jan Morén (mr)
Japan:  090-3622 8920           jan.moren at lucs.lu.se