Dapper OpenOffice Font Problem

L. Mark Stone lmstone at rnome.com
Sat Jun 3 03:31:31 UTC 2006

Fresh install of Dapper on an IBM R52 laptop that previously ran SuSE
10.1 with KDE.

I created a .fonts folder in my home directory and copied a set of
Type1 font files (*.afb, *.pfb and *.afm) I purchased I license to
three years ago.

Under SuSE's OOo, documents prepared with this font displayed on the
screen correctly.  Under Dapper, OOo substitutes some other
Helvetica-looking font for my paid font (ITC Oficina Sans, FWIW).

The OOo font selection drop-down also renders this font incorrectly.

I copied these same font files to a different SuSE system and OOo
there renders the screen fonts correctly.

Ideas?  Does Dapper do something different with the freetype libs than SuSE?

TIA,
Mark

A Message From...  L. Mark Stone

Reliable Networks of Maine, LLC

"We manage your network so you can manage your business"

477 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04101
Tel: (207) 772-5678
Web: http://www.rnome.com

This email was sent from Reliable Networks of Maine LLC.
It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
If you suspect that you were not intended to receive it, please
delete it and notify us as soon as possible. Thank you.