Ekiga and voip.co.uk

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Sun Jun 4 14:51:41 UTC 2006

I've just tried using ekiga on my dapper system using my voip.co.uk
account. I can receve calls without any problem but when I make a call,
ekiga fails to detect when the remote end picks up the hand set (this is
to a land line). I just get the ringing tone until it times out. The
called phone does actually ring.

I'm also behind a NAT router, and so ekiga detected this and configured
STUN support. I've checked my router logs and cannot see any blocked
traffic.

Anybody had any experience with this combination and any tips on getting
it to work?

Regards,
Tony.
E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold