Install Dapper to FakeRaid 1?

dan_99503 ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun Jun 4 07:49:32 UTC 2006

I would be very interested. I have been fighting with Dapper for days
now.

I have a compact flash IDE adapater and a 128MB flash card. It is
recognized as an IDE hard drive.

hda 128 MB Flash IDE

hde 80GB HD

hdg 80GB HD

The installer sees all of the drives fine and lets me install the
system. I tried the FAKEhardware raid (Promise) and Softraid. It
installs fine and then one will choke after displaying GRUB on the
screen.

The other chokes on GRUB with an error 21. I read that GRUB/Ubunutu can
re-arrange the drive order on boot and cause a raid/boot to fail. I used
the liveCD to try and change my GRUB config on the flash disk. With the
liveCD it doesn't see the RAID partitions and when I mount the compact
flash disk it is empty. Which probably explains why it won't boot...

One of these ](*,)  is very appropriate.

--
dan_99503