RE-Installed New 6.06 (Video Resolution FIXED)

Richard cms01 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jun 3 01:06:30 UTC 2006

> After having some weirdness during the upgrade, had to re-install ubuntu
> 6.06.
>
> Now my monitor Nec LCD1700V is not set at the correct res.
> 1280 x 1024 @ 75hz,
>
> its 1024 x 768 @ 60hz, there are none setting higher.
> could some please tell me how to fix this problem.
> using a nvida Geforce2 Mx/Mx 400.
>
> Thanks +++++
> Rich

After view the device manager, and seeing what it said for
video card Geforce2 Mx400 and my display was a NEC LCD 1700v
I decide to download both pdf files, and edit the xorg.conf

1. find "Monitor"
where it states: HorizSync put your monitor correct setting there..
ie. if your monitor is 31.5 - 80 then round up to 32 ( 32-80 ) etc...
do the same with VertRefresh.

2. find "Screen"
if you display resolution is not there ADD it
find you max display resolution of your monitor ie: 1280x1024
then add before the first ie. "1280x1024"  "1024x768" "800x600" (please
note: double spaces between each res...

You must add the missing resolution to ALL Depths 1 - 24
for your monitor only.

SAVE

Reboot.

Regards