Openoffice 2.0 on Ubuntu 6.06?

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Fri Jun 2 22:33:43 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 09:52 +0100, spyrakos wrote:
> Ok, so is there any workaround for this? I think a temporary fix could
> be to just make a launcher on the desktop pointing to the actual
> "executable"; My problem in doing so is that I don't actually know how
> would an Openoffice Draw "executable" look like... if anyone knows how
> to do this, please let us know...
>

> --
> spyrakos

Let me know if this works for you:
To add OpenOffice.org Draw to the menu in gnome:

* Select Applications --> Accessories --> Alacarte Menu Editor
* left-click Office in left column
* On the menu bar, left-click File, left-click New Entry
* The Entry Editor opens:
	Name:	OpenOffice.org Draw
	Comment:	Create and edit drawings
	Command:	ooffice -draw %U
	left-click No Icon, left-click Browse...
		scroll up or down to icons
		left double-click icons
		left double-click Human
		left double-click 24x24
		left double-click apps
		click on open
		left double-click ooo-draw.png
		left-click OK.
* Left-click close

Draw is now in the Office menu and works like the rest of OpenOffice.

--
        Charlie
        Don't let anyone steal your dream!