Openoffice 2.0 on Ubuntu 6.06?

wyth ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Jun 1 16:41:50 UTC 2006

Here's what's working for me:

I removed fglrx from the restricted modules
(/etc/default/linux-restricted-modules-common), and then replaced
libGL.so.1.2 with the old one; that file resides in /usr/lib.

On 'this thread' (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=185033),
joshrobinson has put a link up to 'the old libGL.so.1.2'
(http://www.ground-impact.com/libGL.so.1.2) file.  (If it becomes
unavailable, just ask and I'll provide it.)

This had the same effect as putting fglrx on the restricted modules
list, meaning it worked, but I didn't have to restrict fglrx.

I then ran into another problem; I could open no more than one document
at a time in openoffice.  I'm guessing this was just a problem with my
set-up, but I have no idea.

I completely removed everything having to do with openoffice, removed
any orphaned files, rebooted, and re-installed openoffice.  This
worked.  If you go that route, be sure to add the openoffice.org-gnome
and openoffice.org-gtk packages, or openoffice will look like crap.

--
wyth