Dapper & WPC54G wireless card, anyone get it to work?

Peter N. Spotts pspotts at alum.mit.edu
Fri Jun 2 15:11:31 UTC 2006

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 07:44:52 -0700
Matthew Kuiken <matt.kuiken at verizon.net> wrote:

> John Dillworth wrote:
> > Dapper recognizes the card (or should I say, a card).  What are the
> > steps to get Dapper to start connecting to my wireless router?  I
> > know this card has worked in the past with Breezy.
> >

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupportComponentsWirelessNetworkCards
>
> mentions that card several times.  It appears to have several
> different versions.  From the emails that I have seen, especially
> with the Broadcom-based versions, you will probably need to use the
> bcm43xx-fwcutter utility which is in the repo's.  Sorry I can't be
> more specific.  I don't know which version you have, and I haven't
> had an issue like this with my networking card.
>
> -Matt

I just used the advice here and it worked like a charm -- upgraded from
5.10 to 6.06 this morning, and my Linksys pcmcia card didn't work.
Essentially you blacklist the broadcom driver that came with 6.06,
rmmod it, then rmmod ndiswrapper, then run modprobe ndiswrapper to
reinstall it. That's all it took. But use the web site for instructions
if you can -- my list above is the Cliffs Notes of the Cliffs Notes
version ;-)

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WifiDocs/Driver/bcm43xx#head-e70dd6b5c57894d32e3eddc4f3e21d7d6d02230f

Best,

Pete