Dapper & WPC54G wireless card, anyone get it to work?

Matthew Kuiken matt.kuiken at verizon.net
Fri Jun 2 14:44:52 UTC 2006

John Dillworth wrote:
> Dapper recognizes the card (or should I say, a card).  What are the steps to
> get Dapper to start connecting to my wireless router?  I know this card has
> worked in the past with Breezy.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupportComponentsWirelessNetworkCards

mentions that card several times.  It appears to have several different
versions.  From the emails that I have seen, especially with the
Broadcom-based versions, you will probably need to use the
bcm43xx-fwcutter utility which is in the repo's.  Sorry I can't be more
specific.  I don't know which version you have, and I haven't had an
issue like this with my networking card.

-Matt