xscreensaver-getimage-file: no suitable images in directory

Nitebirdz nitebirdz at sacredchaos.com
Thu Jun 1 14:57:29 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 08:31:27AM -0600, Charlie Kravetz wrote:

> I hope this helps:
> If you had the old xscreensaver, glslideshow and others still
> honor the old ~/.xscreensaver file for configuration if it exists. So
> you need a line like this in ~/.xscreensaver to set your images
> directory for glslideshow:
>
>      imageDirectory: /home/username/pictures/slideshow
>
> and optionally:
>
>      chooseRandomImages: True

Sorry, I should have clarified that I'm running Breezy.  In any case,
the screensaver configuration tool appears to have taken care of those
parameters you are referring to:

  $ grep imageDirectory ~/.xscreensaver
  imageDirectory: /home/nitebirdz/Pictures

  $ grep chooseRandomImages ~/.xscreensaver
  chooseRandomImages: True

Still, as I explained in the original email, it doesn't work and it
shows the error message about "no suitable image" being found in the
specified directory, as if perhaps they should be in a format other than
just JPG.