Does Ubuntu need a "Getting Started" page?

Gabriel M Dragffy dragffy at yandex.ru
Sun Jul 30 03:17:10 UTC 2006

I'd think more consolidated newbie information would be a benefit. I'm
trying to get my brother to install Ubuntu on his laptop but since he's
on the other side of the world I am writing him emails with links to
inforamtion. So far I have given him about 8 links to different areas of
Ubuntu websites. So far the best I found was
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ which, if you read in series, is
pretty good.