Syncing a Palm TX with Ubuntu Dapper LTS

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Sat Jul 29 11:41:42 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 11:14:04AM +0100, aweller wrote:

> OK, if I try this command:
>
> sudo pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyUSB1 -L
>
> the output says:
>
> Listening to port: /dev/ttyUSB1
> Please press the HotSync button now... Connected

That's encouraging!

> Error read system info on /dev/ttyUSB1
>
> Why is that, how can this work?!

What happens if you try /dev/ttyUSB0 instead?

I have successfully synced my m500 and my Tungsten T.  Both devices had
two USB ports.  One of them used /dev/ttyUSB1 for syncing, the other one
used /dev/ttyUSB0.  (I've no idea what the other USB port is for.)

It seems that Palm swaps the two USB ports in every second Palm model.

Marius Gedminas
--
Anybody who doesn't cut his speed at the sight of a police car is
probably parked.