Newer Linux (that is, kernel)

Pupeno pupeno at pupeno.com
Sat Jul 29 00:07:27 UTC 2006

On Friday 28 July 2006 21:04, Greg Madden wrote:
> You didn't mention the error message, if any, when it stops booting
> but  a guess here would be... did you run 'mkinitrd' to create a
> initrd.img?  Look in /boot/grub/menu.lst' to see if there is a line
> for the initrd in each stanza for each kernel.
There was no error message, it halted on some normal output. I didn't run
mkinitrd because I didn't run make either, I was using make-kpkg (or is it
make-pkgk?) and I passed the argument --initrd=binary or similar. These are
the grub options:
title           Ubuntu, kernel 2.6.17.6
root            (hd0,0)
kernel          /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.17.6 root=/dev/sda1 ro quiet splash
initrd          /boot/initrd.img-2.6.17.6
savedefault
boot
--
Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno.com> (http://pupeno.com)