ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 23, Issue 384

Rosalind Mitchell rcmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 19:45:58 UTC 2006

> Has anyone, *ever*, got their Palm TX to completely sync with
> gnome-pilot using a Palm Cradle? Any step-by-step commands would be
> greatly appreciated. Without syncing, I feel that the money spent on my
> TX is a complete waste (there's me thinking they are commited to open
> source!)...

Um, yes, I manage most nights.  I'm not sure how I do it though - it
rarely works first time although I think it did once.

I employ a heuristic methodology. Sometimes if I restart the dæmon from
the desktop it works next time I try (but sometimes it doesn't).
Sometimes if I select Conduit Setup from the TX and don't do anything
but save straight away, it works the next time I try (but not always).

It doesn't bother me that much, as I don't like Evolution and use
Thunderbird with the Calendar extension (with which, of course, you
can't synchronise.  But then so long as the calendar is up-to-date on
the TX, which is where I mostly use it, I don't have a problem.

All the same, if anybody can tell me how to make it work first time,
every time, I'd be very grateful!

Rosie

--
Currently reading: MORRALL, CLARE: Astonishing Splashes of Colour
The Book of Enitharmon: : <http://swanofkennet.livejournal.com>