New Dapper Install

Me - Atlantic jdangler at atlantic.net
Wed Jul 26 11:23:12 UTC 2006

Just did a fresh install of Dapper on my laptop.
I installed clam (and all the associated dep's) and also found avscan
(gTK front-end for clam).

On running avscan from the commandline, there is a warning on the
commandline that says
"Warning: Unable to find the Endeavor program in the following
locations:
/usr/bin/endeavour2 , /usr/local/bin/endeavour2 ,/opt/bin/endeavour2 , /usr/X11R6/bin/endeavour2"

Once inside the interface, selecting the option to get the virus
database update from the internet results in the program crashing with
the same error, except this time it is output on the commandline as
"EDVContextLoadConfigurationFile(): Unable to find the Endeavor program
in the following locations:
/usr/bin/endeavour2 , /usr/local/bin/endeavour2 ,/opt/bin/endeavour2 , /usr/X11R6/bin/endeavour2"

Anyone tried this interface? If it needs some other component (as
indicated by the error), it should either be included, or it shouldn't
be in the repo's...

Reading through their documentation, I didn't see any requirement for
this component.

Any help would be appreciated.

On a related subject, I notice that the freshclam.conf file has the
DatabaseMirror set as "db.local.clamav.net" , and the clamd.conf file
says that if you want to make any config changes, to use dpkg
reconfigure.  But in every other distro I've ever used, installing clam
specifically tells you to alter the database mirror to db.XY.clamav.net
(where XY is your country code).  Does Ubuntu's clamav package use
db.local.clamav.net , or should I still change that setting ?