Ubuntu Dapper (6.06) Install fails on cdrom open, kernel panic -- please help

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 23:52:02 UTC 2006

On 7/24/06, Alain -- <ubuntu at asoundmove.net> wrote:

> Ubuntu:
>    - downloaded Dapper (6.06 LTS) for desktop (i386) iso
>      image
>    - burnt CD with Ahead Nero
>    - CD seems fine when I look at it (data) on the PC on
>      which it was burnt (my only option)
>
> Install sequence:

I belive one of the options in the boot menu of the live CD is to
perform a media check on the CD.  You might give that a shot for a
more thorough examination of the disc's integrity.

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."