no "defrag" in Linux?

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Fri Jul 21 13:47:56 UTC 2006

ajgreeny <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org>:

> Thanks Alexander, but the answer came into the forum while I was typing
> my reply so I didn't see it in time.

Hm? You responded to it. This means, that you must have read
it (well, it doesn't mean, that you *must* have read it, but
you ought to read to what you reply, I'd think).

The message from ubuntu at rio.vg has

In your references, there is:

        <ajgreeny.2b5wfb at gs1.ubuntuforums.org><1153334229.5602.15.camel at localhost>
        <44BE7FBB.4030303 at rio.vg>

As <44BE7FBB.4030303 at rio.vg> is in there, it means, that your message is
a reply to the <44BE7FBB.4030303 at rio.vg> message.

> Actualy it would have been a
> little more helpful to give a bit more info than just the single word
> "tune2fs", which meant nothing to me until I looked further.
> Now I know, it's very useful, but please don't make assumptions that
> everyone is fully aware of all the terminal commands and utilities
> available to us.

That's why I mentioned the tool. If you need more information,
there's always the manual. Read it, and ask again if there's
something unclear.

Alexander Skwar
--
BOFH Excuse #323:

Your processor has processed too many instructions.  Turn it off immediately, do not type any commands!!