What Computer to Buy?

SteVe Cook yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 20 19:51:31 UTC 2006

Matt Morris wrote:
> Stay clear of Packard Bell, they use custom hardware and there are no
> Linux drivers for their machines. I think the best companies are HP,
> Fujitsu and IBM for compatibility.

Just what I was going to say. I've had nothing but grief over the years
trying to get ''nix to run on PB machines.  Even changing to WinXP was
hell.  Ubuntu is the first one I got to run properly and that is on a 5
year old machine.

The best results I've had are using parts that are a year or two old,
normally bought in sales as well so making them even cheaper.

SteVe