What Computer to Buy?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Jul 20 15:09:32 UTC 2006

Gregory PiƱero wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Sorry for the vague question.  I want to buy a new computer and have
> it run Ubuntu.  I'm curious to hear what computers are most successful
> running Ubuntu with the minimal configuration and X headaches.  Are
> any new Dells compatible with Ubuntu?

Many of them.  It's not nearly so important to check that the computer
itself is compatible as to make sure your accessory hardware is.  Find a
configuration you like, then google for linux and each individual item of
hardware.  I have a Dell Inspiron 6000, and chose the IPW2200 wireless and
Intel video specifically because those were no-brainers for linux.
--
derek