Every wednesday should be a HUG DAY!

Gabriel M Dragffy dragffy at yandex.ru
Wed Jul 19 14:38:26 UTC 2006

I am well aware of the need for the latest and the greatest, I am one
for always wanting the latest versions. I was hoping that Dapper LTS
would be a little different, in that it would combine the latest and
greatest but also ensure it all worked really well. Therefore I would
have an excellent stable distro (Dapper) for server applications and
then could use the latest Ubuntu that would be even more bleeding edge
(as in Edgy) for desktop stuff. I just feel that only now Dapper has
reached some degree of maturity and just today I completed another
kernel upgrade that required ANOTHER reboot. I have a feeling of deja vu
(M$). Apart from other things the server install CD and Live CD
installer appear broken for a huge number of people. Re-releasing all
the CDs with the latest packages and perhaps fixing up the Live and
Server CDs a little would be a fantastic move for Dapper. This at least
would save me running a debmirror of ~600mb just for dapper-security and
dapper-updates for the times when I will install on non-networked
computers.