So, we're up to 180MB in updates.

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Wed Jul 19 13:37:02 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 11:26:41AM +0200, Paul Puschmann wrote:
> Comparing apples and peaches.  No one forces you to install the
> updates. You can decide if you want to do the download yourself or
> go to a friend who has much bandwidth and have this downloaded.

You misunderstand.  I have plenty of bandwidth, and it appears you do
too.  In that regard we are the same.  A difference is that I would
like Ubuntu to be usable to those who don't have a bounty of cheap
bandwidth.

The word "ubuntu" is an African word; the Ubuntu Linux distribution is
very cool.  Don't you think it would be nice if, say, people in Africa
could use it?  As it is, internet bandwidth is very expensive on that
continent, and Ubuntu is therefore impractical there.

I'm not complaining for my own sake, I am lamenting that this waste of
bits puts Ubuntu out of reach of many others.

-kb