NTFS write support ( ntfs-3g) (was: Writing to sda1)

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jul 19 06:42:10 UTC 2006

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 08:06:32 +0200
Alexander Skwar <listen at alexander.skwar.name> wrote:

> ยท Robert E. Butts <himco2 at sbcglobal.net>:
>
> > I'm puzzled by why you would want to?  Linux (except for Xandros 4 if
> > you believe their press releases) cannot write to NTFS volumes,
>
> Wrong. Linux can write quite well on NTFS volumes, with ntfs-3g,
> which you can download from http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/mlf/ezaz/ntfs-3g-20070714-BETA.tgz

This looks to be very recent - at least, the official announcement seems to
be from the 14th July 2006:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=23836054&forum_id=2697

I wonder if this will make it into Edgy? A lot of people ( dual booters
for sure), will be very happy if it does, and actually works reliably
( seems to, from what I've read so far)

Peter