Postfix/Network config out of the box - was: Re: Please participate in the Ubuntu Popularity Contest !

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Tue Jul 18 03:07:30 UTC 2006

On Monday 17 July 2006 09:54, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 08:02:00 -0500 "Christofer C. Bell"
>
> <christofer.c.bell at gmail.com> wrote:
> >On 7/17/06, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com> wrote:
> >> It should be (and defaults to) the name of the box you give during the
>
> install
>
> >> routine.
> >
> >What I had in my configuration following a stock install of Desktop
> >was the following:
> >
> >* In /etc/hosts
> >
> >127.0.0.1 localhost circe
> >127.0.1.1 circe
> >(And then a listing of IPv6 addresses)
>
> This is not Postfix specific, but I think worthy of investigation.

I just checked and I have this format on my desktop.  This was also done
through the old installer, so it's not a new/old installer issue.  I believe
it's a DHCP related issue as that's the one major networking difference
between my mail servers and my desktop.

I still don't think this is what caused your Postfix problem.  That was
myhostname in main.cf.

Scott K