How create source DVD-ROM with my APT Cache

Luis lemsx1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 23:42:32 UTC 2006

if you already have a ton of .deb roaming around (like the CDs), you
might want to get a jidgo file for the DVD... then do something like:

jidgo-lite http://foo.bar/dvd.jigdo

jigdo should prompt u for the CDs and stuff like that... You might
also want to setup ur own local repository with reprepro (I made a
script that makes reprepro as simple to use as to do: repository add.
http://lems.kiskeyix.org/toolbox look for repository). then you can
put ur local repo in your /etc/apt/sources.list file as the first
entry.

now, i couldn't find a .jigdo file for the DVD. Only .torrent and .iso's:
http://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/pub/ubuntu-iso/DVDs/ubuntu/6.06/release/