So, we're up to 180MB in updates.

squareyes squareyes at internode.on.net
Sat Jul 15 16:21:25 UTC 2006

Kent Borg wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 04:25:50PM +0700, Chanchao wrote:
>
>> ' Had to change over to a new laptop... Always love installing Ubuntu..
>>
>> Turns out though that, starting from a new CD, we're up to 180MB of
>> updates right after installation.

Hi all,
personally, the phone lines here are not all they could be, and I am
greatfull
for the regular releases of Ubuntu, and use those as my method of updating.
Unfortunately 180 meg would take me some considerable time. Had enough
problems
with apt-get update sources list, everything getting "broken" and not
getting an updated sources list.

An interim CD would be a great idea, I could at least get someone to
download and write a copy.
Take Care
Winton

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear
bright... until you hear them speak.