Issue with USB Device (Creative Muvo^2)

taavi ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Jul 13 08:39:06 UTC 2006

I know the Shift-Delete work-around, but this isn't solution, like you
certainly understand.

What happens if simple, not very Linux knowing, person deletes files
from his/hers USB stick or photocameras flash memory. Those files are
put into hidden directory and user can't understand why there is no
space to put new files there. After all he/she deleted the files and
emptied trash can.

This is serious disability and in my eyes hurts the "user friendly" and
"linux for human being" flags Ubuntu is took on itself. I don't know how
KDE deals with this situation but something has to be changed in
behaviour of Gnome/Nautilus!

Is this a right place to cry out or I have to submit this problem
somewhere else?

--
taavi