whats the deal with fire fox

Dick Davies rasputnik at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 14:35:47 UTC 2006

On 12/07/06, Toby Kelsey <toby_kelsey at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Dick Davies wrote:
> > I don't see any indication (in the ubuntu or mozilla bug) that CPU load is
> > high. That means it's very unlikely to be a busy wait.
>
> The OP showed firefox with 86% cpu use.  My initial post clearly describes '100%
> cpu' use.  The bug comments talk about 'hanging', slow response and lags, and
> pegging the cpu - all symptoms of high load.  For example, Aleksey Nogin writes
> in his bug report:  "When Firefox freezes, CPU utilization goes to 100%, memory
> utilization seems OK. "

Some do, and some don't. It doesn't appear to be clear cut, and if you look
at the mozilla bugs, there are several different problems listed in there. There
are also a couple of 'to summarize' posts that aren't entirely accurate. That's
why I think it's unhelpful to use words like 'clearly' which catch the eye of
anyone reading the bug report.

if you want to take offense, by all means do, but if you look, you'll
see all I said
was that I thought you were wrong.

Look again. I haven't insulted you (intentionally at least), I haven't
called you names,
I've just disagreed with you. This must have happened before in your life?

I'm just saying it's dangerous to categorically say any specific cause
is 'clearly' to blame.

> I don't think it's productive for me to respond any furthur to this thread.

Fair enough. I'm done too.
All the best.

http://number9.hellooperator.net/