Ubuntu distro needs a patch for LVM

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Tue Jul 11 06:13:32 UTC 2006

ยท David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com>:

> Alexander Skwar <listen at alexander.skwar.name> writes:

>   * Set the 100MB RAID device to ext3, mount on /boot

RAID?

So, you're not necessarily talking about LVM, but about RAID. As
I said, I don't know how well RAID is supported, but LVM works well.

>> Anyway, it's a fact that the installer supports LVM. Please show,
>> how it does not.
>
> See above.

Where? There, you've shown, that RAID might not be supported well.
You didn't test LVM. You still should show, how LVM is not well
supported.

Alexander Skwar
--
So mancher meint ein gutes Herz zu haben und hat nur schwache Nerven.
                -- Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach