Newbie

Ouattara Aziz wattazoum at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 09:52:51 UTC 2006

> My conclusions are that Ubuntu, at least, is not for Newbies

I agree with you on that point, Ubuntu isn't, at least for now, for
newbies or one who doesn't want to learn. But I think the community is
working on improving the easy handling of Ubuntu. And for it, I think
the community needs user like you, who will propose projects to improve it.
As for your problem, I would have help you if I could but just like you
I find Ubuntu network configuration tools very incomplete ( I mean it's
cool that sometimes it runs "out of the box" but the time you get a
little problem, take vim, and edit your configuration. That can really
scare newbies).

So, Karl do you have any proposition about how to improve this side of
Ubuntu ? I think it would be really interesting to have it.

Cheers.

ps : You don't have to completly erase your HD, you can install a dual
boot and follow Ubuntu evolution, contibuting in giving some
propositions ... Remember that Open Source distributions are meant to
improve themselves with the help of users and communities.